Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Friday, May 27, 2011

Just Some Thoughts

I always wished I had the confidence of an Alpha Male, that was until I noticed that liking and knowing who you are comes at the cost of knowing who you want to be. If you are totally happy with who you are then why aspire to anything else? If you are not happy then it is logical that you will continue to learn and grow until you become the person you always wanted to be. So many people work like a hamster on a wheel and never get anywhere mainly because they have never asked themselves where do I want to go.

I once asked someone that came from Mexico what they wanted to do with their life, and they told me “I wanted to come to America and have a family.” I asked “and then…” he replied with “what do you mean and then, that’s what I wanted to do.” He came to America and started a family by the age of 28, that is a really early age to be done. What do you do from there? Where do you go? I asked a girl I once worked with “what do you plan to do for the rest of your life?” she said “this.” This….. This, she told me the crappy job we were working is all she wanted to do but she would also talk about opening a store all the time. It seems to me that people are happy to make short term goals but never like to be held accountable for the life they are creating for themselves.

I was raised believing I was going to be a mechanic, welder or carpenter until I found out that none of those things made me happy and made me hate every morning I had to wake up and take another step toward the life ending cliff. I understand that not everyone can get their dream job but there is nothing wrong with failing. The problem is letting fear make your decisions for you.

The key to life is questioning, making decisions and having the strength to see it through. So what makes you make the decisions you make, it never hurts to take a little peek inside yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment