Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Blame Taylor Swift

Election time is coming around again and if your anything like me you’re getting really sick of hearing about all of it. So I’m gonna talk about an open mic I went to on Saturday and yes I blame the entire experience on Taylor Swift. Dam Taylor Swift why do you have to be so inspiring…. Especially to people that don’t have talent.

I went to an open mic Saturday because I missed my Thursday open mic (that’s a post for another day). If I havent told you I’m working on some comedy stuff, you know stand up comedy. So doing horrible is all part of the process so I decided I would just get started. Anyway fast forward to last Saturday and the room filled up with people with instruments. They all look really young, so I hate em already (not really but kinda). I figure this will be fun because I love music and especially live music and then I also get to go on stage so this is gonna be awesome right, WRONG!

The first band goes up and instantly I can tell that I have shoes older than most of the band. To make things worse this is west Texas, a desert, and these guys are wearing those ski caps…. In the middle of the summer in Texas. With all these things working against them there is one band member that looks like Uh Huh from the Little Rascals movie so I figure I’ll judge their music. They start playing and suddenly I wish I could have made it to the Thursday open mic. I give them props for trying but this stuff sucks and it appears that no one around them is letting them know that. They were even selling Cds which I found hilarious. Don’t get me wrong I’m all for encouraging someone that is working towards something but I get jealous when someone is funnier than me without even trying.

I blame Taylor Swift. She was writing music and performing it like a prodigy and just had an emotional depth that was just so relatable to her audience. Now it seems that her audience thinks they are all the same, because arent we all special. I especially blame Taylor Swift for the blonde girl that went up with a guitar. The poor girl couldn’t sing and not in the American Idol “she doesn’t have a big voice” but she didn’t sound good. It just made me sad. Well, I guess its not just Taylor Swift but thats who I’m blaming because I’m a grown man and I love her music (that seems like something I should have kept to myself but oh well).

The thing that made it worse is that they would never get the hell off the stage, the ear rape just went on and on and on and on and…….

 

No comments:

Post a Comment