Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Are Autism Studies Suspicious?

A Study was release in the journal Nature where the research was based on 78 Icelandic families with children that either had schizophrenia or autism. They have found that the age of the father is most responsible for the abnormalities in the genetic code. These combined families had 44 children with autism and 21 that were schizophrenic. This study seems strangely suspicious to me.

To blame autism on age is way too easy. There have always been old guys have kids with younger women, especially before it became illegal. So what, the median age of fathers has risen and now that’s the cause in the sudden surge of autism in recent years. This seems like a cop out to me. The study found that there is the same chance of autism in a 30 year old father as there is in a 40 year old father. If it truly is age there would be a difference in chances the older you get, right?

On the other hand age may have a role to play but I think its in a much different way than expected. I just want to say that no one has all the answers but I think these people are not looking at the real factors based solely out of self interest from their investors. In my opinion age may have something to do with a risk factor but not in a genetic error way they way these scientists are purposing. I think age may have a lot to do with it but its because of all the garbage that is shoveled into our bodies through bad choices and factors that we are completely unaware of. The tiny amounts of deadly ingredients in processed food to the crap that goes into a plastic cup that you drink out of. There are factors all around us that only seem to grow in number but studies do not bring in the accumulation of all the factors, they will usually only isolate one factor to prove that it has nothing to do with that 1 product.

There is a type of Autism where the child seems fine until about the age of 2 then they just seem to regress. I don’t buy it. When a seemingly healthy child suddenly contracts a disease that is supposed to be genetic during a very sensitive age still sounds like crap to me. It seems like these kids bodies just cant handle the barrage of chemicals thrown at them from every direction. I know of a case where the autistic childs mother just happens to be a meth addict and the type of autism this child has was the regressive kind, coincidence I don’t think so.

You claim that the median age is rising and that is to blame for the rise in autism. I say garbage that we interact with on a daily basis is growing right along with autism but I challenge you to find a study on that. But hey what do I know…..nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment