Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Monday, August 20, 2012

Holy Crap Pakistan Has Blasphemy Laws!!

I’m not a very informed person as you can tell by my blog posts and T-shirt designs. But I saw something today that blew my hair back, Pakistan has blasphemy laws. Holy Crap! I thought we were past these times but, like any other American, I forgot there was a side of the globe that isn’t even close to getting past it.

I am the kind of person that just assumes everything is my fault so whenever something happens in the world I have to look at how I affected it or how it effects me. There is a Christian girl in Pakistan that is being held for allegations of burning a Quran (of which there is no proof). But before I could even pass judgments I first had to think that as a Christian this is how the word was spread all over the world. Sure it was spread organically but as soon as the Romans adopted it that’s when all hell broke loose. So now as a collective Christian community gathers together to pass judgment on something that just a few decades ago we were doing ourselves we remain oblivious to the hypocrisy of it all.

With that being said what the hell is a matter with you, its just a book. The consequences of burning a few measly pages out of this book can result in life in prison and/or execution (I guess life in prison is execution if you wait long enough). Its just a twist to see Christians persecuted, in America it’s the other way around bur its out of sheer stupidity. “Oh no, we have a black president with a bit of an odd name that sounds middle eastern, so lets tell everyone the Muslims are taking over!” I have literally heard people say that by the end of Obamas term they muslims will be chasing us in the streets. And yet we look at Pakistan with disgust when the Muslims hate Christians.

There needs to be a way to fight all the stupid in religion. The only thing that comes to mind is an I.Q. test before being allowed to talk in public, but even that wouldn’t be enough to stop all the rampant ignorance in this country much less the world. I want people to think about Pakistan when they say that America is a Christian nation. Its nowhere near as Christian as Pakistan is Muslim, holy crap when is the last time our government killed someone over taking the lords name in vain, if that ever happened the streets would be running red with blood. So before you jump on your Christian high horse and judge these people just think of a few things like the Salem witch trials, the Crusades, Catholic priests touching little boys, the murders of Muslim American citizens by Christian extremists, Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, the murders of Gay American citizens by Christian extremists, and last but not least Hitler claimed to be Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment