Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Hate Mail Has Landed

As you can tell by looking at this blog page, I sell shirts. Specifically I sell shirts on Ebay. Its a lot of fun to do too, and pajamas all day aren’t bad either. I like to do my thing as best I can, if you follow my twitter account you already know I like or try to be funny. But a joke doesn’t always come off the way it should, sometimes people just don’t get it.

It finally happened, I knew it would one day but I thought it would have happened a long time ago. The dreaded HATE MAIL. I wish it bothered me more than it does but I cant get mad because I can understand where he’s coming from. But at the same time I was outraged. As a little treat (because we’re such good friends) I’m going to show you what the email said. This is a direct quote.

“It's America and freedom of speech exists. So I'm gonna use mine to to call you a racist bastard for promoting the klan.”

When I first read this I was about to get really upset but then I thought about it for a second. The whole point of comedy is to create an emotional reaction in the listener or reader in this instance. This guy got so angry at my little design he flew off the handle and sent me an email. That doesn’t seem like much until you realize how much effort it takes to come up with the right words that are going to evoke an emotional response while at the same time show how angry you are and how little you have to do that day.

I mean come on, he could have tried a little harder. That hate mail could have been sent to me in a tweet, if your going to hate me its going to take a lot more than that to rattle me.

There is going to be a part 2 of this but for now I gotta say I’M NOT RACIST YOU STUPID (insert racial slur that applies)!!



No comments:

Post a Comment