Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bad Days- When It Rains It Poors

What is it about a bad day that just makes you want to leave your crayons in the sun. Some people define a bad day by one thing that happens in their day that happens to be bad. I like to call those people the lucky people, most of us define a bad day more like the car salesman of bad days. The bad day just becomes so persistent at pushing you and poking you that it just drains everything out of you, like a car salesman.

Just in case you don’t know, I make shirts. That’s not a shameless plug, well it kind of is, but I don’t say that for nothing. My day started the way they have been lately, with a todo list. The first thing on this list was make some shirts, some orders had come in via eBay. That’s not a bad day, right, that’s a pretty good day when I make a little bit of money. So, there I go I make the shirts and get them ready to take to the post office, pretty good day so far. Time to go to the post office, I head down my street when I hear a noise sounds a bit like a crumple noise. I look around for a can, plastic bag, or a dead body or something but there is nothing around so I just shrug it off. I whistle my way all the way to the post office send my packages with no real big problems. Time to go home, right? Wrong.

I get to my car and I’m about to get in when a random car pulls up behind me, all that goes through my mind is “this is never good.”

The guy rolls down his window and yells “Hey, you have a flat!” My heart sinks to my feet and I can feel my ears get hot (that always happens when I get angry) while I wave thank you to the stranger as he drives off and offers no other help (I‘m not bitter at him just the situation).

“oh well, I gotta do what I gotta do.” I think to myself while walking to the trunk of the car. I open it to reveal about 4 years of procrastination. Every time I didn’t want to deal with something I would just put it in the trunk, that plus a sound system that I don’t even turn up anymore. I lift it all up and rest it on the back of my head and upper back so I can get to the hidden compartment where the spare tire is.

I pull the spare tire and jack out and then I look at the little caps on the lug nuts. Half of the little caps on them are broken leaving only enough plastic that I cant get a tool onto the lug nut. Now I have to improvise a way of taking these little caps off or I cant change the tire. I dig through the car that I never carry tools in and somehow dig out a flat head screwdriver that can be manipulated to get the caps off. Now I can finally get the car jacked up and the tire off. I used to work at a tire place so this isn’t so hard for me. So smooth sailing from here, right? Wrong.

I get the spare tire on and begin to let the car down and I’m watching the tire just in case it pops or… you know something bad happens. Then I notice that the tire on the spare begins to flatten out as I set the car down. I dig through the car for an air gauge, I find it and check the tire. I put it on the valve and nothing happens, I pull it back and try again and again nothing happens. At this point it has to be a broken tire gauge, I figure the tire has to have at least a little pressure, right? Wrong.

The spare has no air and I have no way of getting air to it myself. I call my family for help and it takes about another 45 minutes of waiting for them to get an air tank and fill it full of air. Finally then get back I air up my tire head home and try not to move for the rest of the day because I don’t want anything else to happen.

Maybe I’m just being sensitive but I think that’s enough things in a row to turn a perfectly good day into a bad day….. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment