Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

What Is Binge Eating Disorder?

I was just watching tv when I saw a commercial about B.E.D. and my first thought was what the hell is B.E.D.?  It turns out it stands for Binge Eating Disorder.  I always knew binge eating was a problem but I never saw it as a disorder. Erectile Dysfunction, now that’s a disorder! Binge eating disorder will lead to naps and happiness, give me a break.  If binge eating is going to become a medically diagnosed problem, we all know whats going to follow... Next thing is fat being a disease.

I don’t see how binge eating is a medical problem. Binge eating is the result of doing everything you always wanted to do in your life because its setting your inhibitions aside for a minute to do something that is going to make you very happy (maybe just for a few minutes).  We can all agree binge eating isn’t good for you but you know anything is not a serious medical disorder when an average drunk could diagnose it between slamming beers. 

I couldn’t believe it when I saw the commercial because I was watching Hulu Plus and Hulu starts a new episode of something when you finish the last thing and the next something has a tendency to be Saturday Night Live.  So I had to check and make sure that this was a real commercial and not just some joke from SNL.  I just don’t understand this thing, mostly because I’m a fat dude.  The definition of binge eating describes a feeling of being out of control, which is untrue.  I binge eat, or as I like to think of it Happy Hour, and I never feel out of control.  Binge eating isn’t about being powerless and out of control that’s S&M (sounds like a candy, “did you finish the S&M’s”).  Binge eating is more about turning off your brain and enjoying something on an almost animal level, that’s not out of control… is it?

This may just be a personal opinion but it seems like people keep trying to prescribe drugs just for personality defects.    Are people boring the crap out of you and you cant pay attention, it must be ADD and later the H was added because some people just couldn’t sit still. Are you sad, theres a pill for that?  Are you weird, theres a pill for that.  Are you fat then you must have B.E.D. have some drugs.  Give me a break!


I can cure all these problems real fast.  Go for a jog, get laid, make some friends and get a hobby.  And for crying out loud stop eating so much! Now all I have to do is take my own advice, stupid B.E.D. is trying to cut into my Happy Hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment