Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Friday, December 10, 2010

Conquering Fear to Start a Business

Anytime you read anything about starting a business its always kind of vague. Most of the entrepreneur books I read were more like self help books. The truth is most people read a lot of those books because its a lot safer than starting their own business, that’s what I did for a while. Now I’m not saying don’t read the books but what I am saying is don’t read book after book after book, at some point you must take action. Books don’t start businesses, actions do. While I am in the beginning stages of my venture anytime I talk about my clothing business it sparks very interesting conversation with people who are full of woulda coulda shouldas. These are usually very nice people but when your 80 years old and looking back on your life do you want to say I had guts or I wonder what it would have been like. I don’t advocate taking stupid risks, but being an entrepreneur is a risk and there is always the prospect of failure. It takes lots of planning and getting your ducks in order but your worst enemy isn’t a bad plan, its usually going to be Fear. I’m no self help guru but if you really want to start your own business, conquer your fear of failing, your fear of success, and your fear of a challenge. If any of those 3 scare you to the point you can't take action then maybe starting a business isn't for you, but if your fear of a mundane, mediocre, and complacent life is much greater then you can push through your fears. (that still kinda sounds like self help but hey I guess a portion of it is mental, go figure) Now here it is the cure for fear,(drumroll please) Experience. If your scared or nervous about starting a business then just do it, get some experience and it wont be that bad. Just as it says in Alexander the movie “Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you’ll conquer death!”

No comments:

Post a Comment