Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

There Is No Halfway In Life

I used to work in a court ordered halfway house. I’m not the smartest person in the world but I never understood what that meant. Was that place halfway between reality and the belief you were getting better. The return rate was so high in that place it made me sick. But that wasn’t the worst part, the management was the worst. I have looked into the eyes of satan and lived. This must be some kind of weird limbo because there is no way that lady was real. The most evil person that I have ever met and she was my boss.

This place existed just outside of jail but before you got to freedom. My boss, the troll, was its gate keeper. She patrolled the halls as if she could look inside the minds of all the poor souls that were at her mercy. I worked midnights with this lady and she had a way of making you want to kill yourself without ever saying anything negative about you. Her daughter was a stripper and a meth addict and those were her redeeming qualities. I would say her life was an episode of Jerry Springer but it would have to be a 2 parter. She would infect you with her depression and by the end of the night you were so mentally exhausted you actually believed they were your problems.

I have always been a relatively quiet person but there were actually bets on how long I would last. I couldn’t believe it when I found out, I beat all the estimates with about 2 years but in that case nobody really wins. That’s all I will say this time but there is more about this “Halfway house.” To Be Continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment