Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Personality Is On the Outside, Right?

I had an argument the other day with someone about how a person was so unique because of the size of her hair. If you cant tell by my other post I was on the side of your exterior is an expression of who you are on the inside not how you express your inside.

The argument came from a person she knows that always has big hair and how she was talking about how brave and unique she is for having that hair. Give me a break (as the old saying goes) I was born at night not last night. The people I am naturally drawn to are outsiders and I don’t mean that in an avant garde way. I mean it in a way that the people I enjoy talking to are usually very different from the norm, they are usually deeply troubled or have had deep troubles (they always have something interesting to say). They are usually shunned by regular society because most people are not willing to get past a wall that these people have created for themselves.

Now your going to tell me some kid is “unique” because she likes her hair to be stupid! I have met some of the true snowflakes of the world and let me tell you there is a reason these people are snowflakes and its because nobody wants to be like them. And this little girls wants you to believe she is unique because she’s practically telling you that she is, makes me sick.

I would like to enlighten you about what this girl is really saying with her hair (If your reading this I assume you already know but I believe it needs to be said). First thing her hair says is look at me because I need your approval because I don’t care what you think. Stupid right. Next thing it says is I don’t understand what a unique personality actually consists of because I actually believe Lady Gaga is an artist. That’s the one that really makes me sick.

Just like the new Spiderman movie Lady Gaga is just a reboot of what Madonna used to be before her age made her hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. You mean to say Gaga isn't an artist?!

    I totally agree with your stance that exterior trappings do NOT signify that they are great artists, or even creative. Ok, so perhaps a pop star knows how to dress (or hired someone to dress them) to look like a weirdo, a cool weirdo. But, dressing a certain way does not give them the title of "artist."

    It peeves me to see people like Gaga wearing designer clothes that look like they are made from refuse and people say, "Wow, now SHE is an Artist." It makes my head want to explode.

    Where is the content? What artistic works has she really created? Has she done performances that aren't a concert? In the context of a music show, she is a musician, who happens to dress snazzy and do weird things that people mistake for "Art."

    Alright, so I don't know how to define what art is; I don't think any post-post-modern theorist can. But I can tell 'ya what isn't art. Michael Jackson. Madonna. Gaga. Even Grace Jones. Being a pop icon and artist's muse is perhaps more creative than say, banking, but that does NOT give them the honorary title of "Artist". Recording Artist, artistic talent, visionary, yes. Just simply artist? No no NO!

    Okay, so not every gal has big hair, kudos to those girls for going against the grain and having the courage to rock a beehive in the 21st Century. But ladys, you are going to have to show off more than your hair to make me believe that you truly are a creative, unique individual.

    By the way, does this new haircut make me look like a smart, tortured artist.. or does it make me look fat?

    ReplyDelete