Smelly Finger Tshirts

Smelly Finger Tshirts
Be Funny

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Movie I Can’t Wait To See – Dear White People

Holy crap I was just cruising Hulu when I found this, the title grabbed me and I had to watch the trailer.  The first trailer has a group of young “African American” (I put quotes because I hate adding something to American just to describe a slight aesthetic difference, don’t forget I’m “Mexican American”) standing in front of the box office at the theater drilling the poor guy about why every black character in movies is some sort of a cliché.  The movie appears to be a comedy because as we all know, you cant just come right out and say the things you want to but when put into joke form you can say almost anything you want.

The movie seems to take place on a college campus, the only place a conversation like this could even take place without old people talking about the “good old days.”  Even the material is comedic in nature the questions being asked are the right questions that need to be asked.  This movie seems to have the classics in it like, “racism is over.” 

The second trailer is much longer and more in depth about the movie.  The lead is female and black with a radio show.  It seems to be a movie where the overzealous meet the way too relaxed to create the racism spectrum of the movie.  Its making fun of the subject because the subject is not even really allowed to be a subject.  I agree that we have come a long way in race relations in America but we are at a breaking point and this is how the conversation gets started. 

I recommend this movie because I’m gonna watch it even if it doesn’t come to my racist redneck sister humpin town.


Theatrical release is 10-17-14


No comments:

Post a Comment